Do you love working with people? Are you outgoing? Have an interest in history and culture? Be a part of the fun at the Museum! Learn more about volunteering. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator Joyce Makinen at 616.929.1753 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discovery Cart Volunteer – demonstrates a variety of museum artifacts, encouraging customers to investigate. Artifact kits include hats, musical instruments, shipwrecks
Docent Volunteer – offer school group programming designed to meet education guidelines and emphasis museum exhibits
Exhibit Interpreter Volunteer – enhance customer experience by providing insight about an exhibit, make the museum come alive
Event Specialist Volunteer – provide customer service for a variety of events & programs, including assisting, directing, offering fun activities for customers
The GRPM provides the following benefits to volunteers:
• Training & continuing education
• Free Parking
• Free Museum & Planetarium admission
• Discount in gift shop & cafe
• Invitations to recognition events
• Pleasant, safe, friendly environment
• Dress code – clean, neat, casual or required costume
• Complimentary membership after volunteering fifty hours
Learn more about these opportunities by completing this form or calling 616.456.3977.
Join the crew and become part of a very important team.